Tuesday, January 5, 2010

belated birthday greetings and we all scream

It's frigid here in the Northeast and to me it's great weather to be at the ocean. No chance, though, of going this month.

Belated birthday greetings to Charlie Manuel, who yesterday turned 66. That, however, is not what made me scream yesterday. While watching MLBN's 30 in 30 segment on the Phillies, both Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci agreed that Roy Halladay could win 25 games this year. My first reaction was to scream. I did, I did, not that predictions have any bearing on actuality.

What makes these predictions interesting, though, is that Reynolds and Verducci came at them from opposite extremes. Reynolds judges players by looking at how they perform on the field while Verducci is a sabremetrics/numbers kind of guy. Both, however, came to the same conclusion about our new boy Roy.