Sunday, March 29, 2009

one week to go

Opening day is just one week away for the Phillies, and Charlie Manuel is sounding rather testy about his hitters' lack of offense this spring. On the other hand, Rollins and Victorino had only limited at-bats in the WBC and Utley and Feliz are working their way back from off-season surgery. But there's a bit too much of a deja-vu all over again feel.

This afternoon before going to see the excellent Man on Wire, I went up to the newish Polish deli in Allentown for some of their homemade pierogies. I got a dozen; half were mushroom and sauerkraut (my fave) and the other half the more traditional potato and cheese. Someday I must find out why the shop is where it is, to me a back street. The shop very much has the feel of a shop in Central Europe. Long may it flourish.