Sunday, January 18, 2009

hamels on mlbn

This image, taken along the South Branch of the Raritan River in Clinton, NJ, makes me feel the cold that has prevailed this week. When I was there earlier this week, just the sound of the water was enough to make me shiver. It's been, all in all, beautiful winter weather this January, but just a tad on the cool side, with temperatures in the single digits for days. Today it's suddenly surged into the 20's and feels almost like a thaw.

I came in from cleaning last night's snow (we had inch or two) off the car to happen on a live press conference on MLBN featuring the dishy Cole Hamels, about his new contract. The guy has it all, including grounded values, a sense of humor, and disarming flashes of humility. Do wish Howard, with his fab smile, not to mention unique talents, were next.

I start to see the value of MLBN. Watching an ad for the World Baseball Classic tilted me even more in favor of the channel. Presumably all games will be covered this time around. I can hardly wait!