Tuesday, October 7, 2008

dumpling house

I'd drive 200 miles to eat at this restaurant in Wellsboro, PA, on Rt. 6, and today I did. It still has good vegetarian dumplings and a wonderful atmosphere. It's been there for years, run by the same family. I don't know their story but maybe I'll try to get it if I make another run out that way. The 400-mile day trip was mellow thanks to the gorgeous autumn weather and the fall foliage along Rt. 6 going, then Rt. 15 on the way back.

No baseball today. No baseball tomorrow. That's dreary. Thank heavens for gorgeous weather, autumn leaves, Chinese dumplings and road trips!

Yesterday the Rays beat the White Sox, who were hoist by their own petard. A homer-hitting team, they were unable to score in any other way. The Angels too were undone by their strength. A team built on executing fundamental baseball was mostly fundamentally-flawed in its series with the Red Sox. Same thing, of course, may happen to the Phillies when they face the Dodgers. It's curious how the (very) so-called experts talk up the Dodgers as the hottest team in baseball. Their winning record in September seems a bit like CC Sabathia's, with lots of those wins being against suspect teams. In the case of the Dodgers, it was the weak NL West. As for that sweep of the choking Cubs, don't you think anyone could have done that? I'm just hoping I get to use my ticket for Game 6! Of course, it would be even sweeter if the Phillies finished the Blue Crew off in 5!