Saturday, October 4, 2008

baseball buddies



The two guys at top were seated next to me at Game 2 on Thursday night. All decked out in their Phillies gear, they were the sweetest. I never found out if they were buddies or brothers, but they were great. The mother and son (entry below) at bottom were on my other side. Grizzled veterans filled the row in front. Everyone was totally into the game. It was the same on Wednesday up in the heavenly seats. Then I had two women next to me, threatening to lose their voices screaming, and two intense but affable young men on the other side. In front was a guy with his six-year-old granddaughter, who was game but a bit overwhelmed by the fanatical adults around her.

Game 3 today in Milwaukee pits Jamie Moyer against Dave Bush. Once again: Just win, baby! And if anybody "deserves" to win it is the wonderful Mr. Moyer.