Tuesday, May 25, 2010

stanley cup finals, yo

Prospect Domonic Brown in the on-deck circle last night at First Energy Stadium in Reading. Brown later hit a two-run laser beam over the right center wall.

I had fab seats right behind home plate for last night's Double-A game in Reading, except for the boring, banal conversation that went on almost non-stop right behind me. I must give credit, though. At one point in the sixth, the young woman suddenly said, "This pitcher's pretty good." She was right, though I was stunned she or the guy with her had even noticed. Yohan Flande started for the R-Phils and went seven, allowing one run on six hits. I don't know how he does it, throwing basically in the mid-80's, but he does. I can hardly wait to see Domonic Brown at Lehigh Valley.

I left when Flande left, after the seventh. The Flyers were then up 3-1. By the time I got to the car, the score was 3-2. Before I reached home, though, they had finished off the Canadiens 4-2. Off to the Stanley Cup finals!