Saturday, August 2, 2008

lost weekend looming

I'm out of it this weekend. Last night the atmosphere turned the local stations to static and I missed most of the game. I read this morning that Ruiz said that Hamels has been leaving his change-up high in the zone in his last two starts. Tonight it's Joe Blanton but I'll probably listen to the 'Pigs. Blanton seems to be a sweet guy but so far he's been a cipher. Tomorrow it's an ESPN game. Enough said.

Rudy Seanez was put on the DL and lefty Les Walrond recalled from Lehigh Valley to go into the 'pen. Is it likely that Walrond, who has been outstanding this past month, will find a niche for himself as a big league reliever? The bullpen needs re-enforcements. So does the bench.

Today Carlos Carrasco was promoted from Reading to Lehigh Valley. I'd love to see Car-Car's triple-A debut, but the rotation is probably not in my favor. J. D. Durbin's return yesterday to the 'Pigs rotation was much like his last game months ago with them: disastrous. Poor guy.