Friday, April 11, 2008

screams in the night

I got out of Nadine Labaki's sweet and sexy Caramel last night and put the radio on to what I thought was the local Phillies station only to hear the Fox announcers nattering. Game over, I thought. Hours later I tuned in again only to hear the postgame show following the 12-inning loss to the Mets on a controversial call at the plate. Again, the Phillies wasted a good outing by Adam Eaton, who gave up 5 hits and 3 runs. Again, Eric Bruntlett, subbing for Jimmy Rollins, came up small, this time popping out foul on a crucial bunt attempt. Again, the offence struggles. Shades of Aprils past! Scream!

I was supposed to be at the park tonight but will miss the convergence of three games in South Philly, with the Phillies, Sixers, and Phantoms all playing. This weekend is wall-to-wall minor league games.

MVP? The past two days prove that J-Roll is the man.