Thursday, April 28, 2011

gutty, gritty not enough for the sixers

The young 76er's put on another gutty, gritty performance in game 5 last night down in Miami, but the Heat were too much. The final score: 97-91, though that was inflated by a most curious last-second dunk by Dwayne Wade. Making free throws would have helped the Sixers' cause. The team has totally thrived under Doug Collins and I hope he will be sticking around. In Rod Thorn we trust.

The braying donkeys of what passes for sports talk radio in Philadelphia were again on Andre Iguodala's case. Even I did not appreciate Iguodala (and I do), I would conclude from the hate spewed in that town that Iggy is a prize.

Just before posting this, I perused the Phillies' blogosphere. Sheesh. Lots of guys masturbating online is my conclusion today. The prevailing humidity and many rolling thunderstorms must have destroyed the ionic balance of the atmosphere because I am in one unforgiving mood. Or maybe it's the endless coverage of the wedding across the Atlantic. Sheesh.