Monday, November 15, 2010

ian ingram's clockworks

Rock Bruisic by Ian Ingram. (Photo by Jill Larson.)

I saw Rock Bruisic this spring in the Pittsburgh show Rock, Paper, Scissors. which was curated by Jill Larson, who runs the Fe Arts Gallery. I was writing a review of the show for a magazine and liked Ingram's work but it fell outside the purview of my writing. While going through images the other day, I stopped at Rock Bruisic and finally checked out Ingram's Website (www.ingramclockworks.com). Rock Bruisic is described thus: Machine that composes a bruise on the skin of a Granny Smith using two rocks.

Ingram is one of two tinkers (gotta love it) listed on the site. The other is an assistant with an anagrammatic name. That she operates the Maren Rock, Maine, branch makes her existence even more dubious to me. Click on the cv link in Ingram's bionote for a great read about robotics, mindful intent, and more. Then go through the list of creations. I love this guy's work and sensibility. And, Ani, forgive me if you are an actual person.