Saturday, August 28, 2010

baez to dl, bastardo recalled

Yesterday Danys Baez was put on the DL with back spasms and Antonio Bastardo recalled from Lehigh Valley to take his place. As much as I have not been a Baez fan, I must say that of late he has been pitching well so this is a bit of unfortunate timing. As for Bastardo, if he would stand up and grab the job, it would be a first. Let's go, Antonio. I say that for several other relievers at the Triple-A level.

I ended up seeing bits and pieces of the Reading game last night on TV, including the final inning when Justin DeFratus came in to mop things up. (Was it only last year that I got his autograph at a Lakewood game?) The R-Phils were up 9-1 and there wasn't much saving going on, but DeFratus still looked very good. Very good. He was recently promoted from Clearwater and seems to be holding his own. Starter Drew Naylor, too, had a very good outing.