Monday, August 17, 2009

michael taylor il player of the week

Michael Taylor, called up to the IronPigs a bare month ago, was named the International League Player of the Week. No wonder. Besides having some key home runs, including one that tied a game in the 9th, he hit for the cycle. Way to go, Michael! I still vividly recall my first sight of Taylor and Domonic Brown, before a game a couple of years ago at Williamsport. I was sitting in the first row just off first base fiddling with my camera bag when I looked up to see these two regal-looking dudes gliding by, like Nubian princes. Taylor is 6'6" and Brown 6'5. Definitely a wow moment. Even better, as time has shown, they're both good.

Reading's Mike Stutes was named the Eastern League's Pitcher of the Week. The right-handed Stutes, who has really picked it up of late, threw 13 innings of one-run ball.