Tuesday, July 28, 2009

off to san francisco

I'm off to San Francisco tomorrow, that is if I make the 4:30 a.m. bus to New York. By the time I get back, the trade deadline will be history. I can hardly wait! I am so tired of the supercharged, silly things that this Halladay-to-the-Phillies scenario is engendering. Enough, enough, enough. I even heard a news columnist calling Kyle Drabek a lefty. I still hope that at least some of my faves will be with the organization next week.

In case Michael Taylor is gone, I shall pass on this bit of information, from a recent Morning Call. Asked what book he had last read, Taylor responded, The Ayatollah Begs to Differ: The Paradox of Modern Iran. Not exactly your ordinary clubhouse material.

Do check out Michael Schwimer's post today on Phuture Phillies. Again fascinating stuff, today about a pitcher's actual vs. perceived velocity.

Two games with the Phillies, two games with the A's on the travel docket!