Friday, October 15, 2010

can't take it

Thank the gods for Zoo with Roy, the Zozone, and Ella Fitzgerald. This past week I have consciously tried to avoid Internet, TV, and radio. The amount of junk being spewed about the two LCS is mind-boggling. Much is not accurate and much is not interesting. What I heard driving home this afternoon from Mr. NY Arrogance on the FAN this afternoon made me want to scream. I understand that most sports talk radio is a gossip machine but yikes some of these guys take themselves so seriously.

Meanwhile, Zoo with Roy is ending its hilarious Cole Hamels fist pump meme series. There were days when I scrolled through the offerings and howled. Laughter is sweet.

At Zozone, Todd Zolecki, one of my fave Phillie beat writers, caught the mood as well today with a great posting about the music played for each Phillie as he came to bat or warmed up to pitch, complete with links to each song. Now, that is insight.

Ella Fitzgerald, meanwhile, is lighting up the afternoon.