Friday, July 18, 2008

big joe's bluegrass blog

It's oppressively humid here: my excuse for a wandering mind. That, however, has led me to Joe Blanton's sweet blog. The last entry had to deal with trade rumors, which Blanton says he's has been dealing with for the past three seasons. He also says that he basically leaves the rumors to his dad, who scours the Web for them. I hope dad isn't too dismayed by some of the puerile rantings from the blogosphere about this trade. If Blanton is writing this blog himself, he's doing a good job. He's got a real voice and comes across as an easy-going down-home guy. Sometime soon I'll go back and read the Japan bits more thoroughly. Having lived in Tokyo for 3+ years and Japan for almost 20, I love reading outsiders' takes. Good luck to Big Joe in Philadelphia!

http://joeblanton.mlblogs.com/